SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The purpose of SEO is to get your web site to rank well for certain specific keywords on search engines, so that you get more traffic to the site from those search engines. We conduct SEO for clients all over the US.
SEO consists of two different activities; “on-page optimization” (basically things you do to the site itself), and “off-page optimization” (which is essentially building up links to your site coming from other sites.
Here are the top priorities in on-page optimization today:
- Conduct keyword research to find keywords with as high searches as possible, but with lower numbers of sites competing for those keywords.
- Write titles and descriptions utilizing the best keywords you have selected.
- Use keywords in your H1, H2, and H3 tags, which are used to indicate headlines and sub-headlines.
- Ensure your site is mobile friendly, with responsive being the format that Google prefers. This will positively impact your ranking and negatively impact it if the site is not. You can test your site here.
- Doing an SEO audit using one of the available tools, and fixing any non-optimum situations.
Many SEO experts today advise you on what you CAN’T do in off-page optimization. However, we feel this is non-productive because it won’t help you build up the links you still need to get good rankings and increase traffic. So we advise the following for link building today:
- Writing a press release about your business, and posting it to multiple free online PR sites, and at least one paid online PR site. The release should have links to your website within it. These online PR sites usually rank well themselves, so a link there counts for something. The paid online PR sites will usually get your release into multiple sites for newspapers and magazines. We have seen no evidence that these links are negative in any way, or that they don’t work anymore.
- Creating online business listings. You can create listings for your business on multiple business listing web sites, such as Google My Business, Yahoo Local, Bing Local, Merchant Circle, Manta, Insider Pages, Hotfrog, etc.
- Links to your site on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter now count as links to your site.
- Post your articles, releases or other content to your blog or blogs.
- Analyzing the links of top competing sites, and then arranging to get links from those websites that linked to the competition. The analysis of the links to the competing sites includes finding out which linking sites have high domain authority and page authority.
Page Loading Speed
In 2021 Google made changes to its algorithm to heavily factor in the page loading speed in how well a page will rank on Google. We have page loading speed tools and SEO audit tools to ensure that your pages are loading fast in such a way that they are not penalized by Google and thus you can get the best possible ranking.
Find Out How Our Search Engine Optimization Programs Can Benefit You
We will customize an SEO program for your website, based on your specific needs and specifics regarding your website. The first thing we will do will be an analysis of your current SEO situation, then create a program to address and improve it.
To find out more about how our powerful SEO marketing programs can help you, call us at (661) 441-2429, or please fill out the form below.